Re: [LUG] HP ends webOS

On 18/08/11 21:38, Grant Sewell wrote:
I've said it before - WebOS is a pretty decent mobile/tablet OS, but
previously (Palm Pre v1) their supplied hatdware let them down considerably.

Since HP bought Palm there seem to have been many empty promises and
significant delays getting anything substantial out of the R&D labs.

WebOS - it was nice knowing you, but I'm not going to lament my decision
to jump ship.

Grant

Earlier I read an article about the HP Tablet and how Best Buy in the US have overstocked on them. I had a quick play with one at the weekend in Staples, looked nice but for the money it seemed a bit pricey especially compared to the Android tablets which appeared to have better app support.

I just wonder now if they will sell the remaining stocks off dirt cheap, and if they can be coaxed to run a different flavour of Linux (Debian maybe?).

Rob