Re: [LUG] Would anyone have a use for ...

On 18/08/11 19:42, Gordon Henderson wrote:

... about a dozen small PCs running XP. They're 'shuttle' type cases (so
mini ITX motherboard - I think they're P4's with 512MB of RAM and an
80GB IDE drive, but I don't have the exact spec.

Just enquiring as they're about to be replaced with modern ones (running
win-7) - these are out of a primary school FWIW and have flat-screen
monitors. I suspect the IT company doing the replacing will want to get
rid of them as a job lot though.

And sadly, it's really really not worth the effort trying to get the
school to recycle them into Linux boxes. They want shiny new Win, and
they'll get it )-:

Gordon

I could certainly make use of one of them if there are any available :-)

I'm sure too they could be of use for an internet cafe or something.

Rob