Re: [LUG] Best BitTorrent client?

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Gordon Henderson wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Gibbs wrote:

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 18:34 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
Any suggestions? I'm currently using "bittorrent" which seems to have a
GUI and CLI version, but when I'm fetching several torrents it launches
several instances - which I then have to leave around, running for
uploading/seeds - what I'd rather have is one that gets launched once,
then any other torrents get added into it and there is just one GUI to
manage it all...

I don't know if it is what you're after but Transmission has multiple
GUI and CLI versions. AFAIK its sold as quite basic so I'm not sure if
it will be useful.

http://www.transmissionbt.com/

It's in Debian, so will check that out tomorow. Thanks!

And we have a winner. Transmission it is.

Cheers,

Gordon