Re: [LUG] 10 Gnu/Linux books for beginners

On Jul 26, 2011, Tom Brough wrote:

> So today I'm challenging the group to recommend 10 GNU/Linux books that
> are current and in publication that are targeted at beginners and their
> needs.

Tentatively ... "Learning the bash shell" by Newham and Rosenblatt
(O'Reilly). The first sentence of the Preface says
"The first thing users of ... the Linux operating system come face to
face with is the shell." Leave the mouse alone, except to open a
terminal window.

Tony