Re: [LUG] Microsoft has sent a Happy Birthday message to Linux

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Guy Backhouse <hillguy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hypothesising a bit, could it be Microsoft are really running scared
> because of loosing market share to:
>  1. Linux OS on a world wide basis.
>  2. To Googles Android in the smart phone market and of course Apple.
>  3. For any chance of success in the smart phone market Windows is
> having to be slimmed down towards a Linus like OS? (though in actuality
> never there!)
>
> Guy

It certainly seems an odd thing to do. Almost as if they have failed
to irradicate linux and now they are trying to "play nice". lol.
Perhaps that is an immature take on this. At the very least it is
encouraging to see that linux is on their mind and something they are
taking seriously. I think I read somewhere that the boss of the linux
foundation compared MS bashing to kicking a puppy. It would seem the
LF are not concerned about MS, but the reverse, perhaps, is not true.

Roly :-)