Re: [LUG] Simple Install question.

On 24/07/11 06:04, JOHN DAVEY wrote:

> ..no, wait, hold that. The disk won't boot. Should I just try to burn
> another ISO? Although I did veryfy the disk after it was burnt...
> I have set the BIOS to only boot from the CD. It tries then I get booted
> into the old Debian instillation....

Sounds like you haven't set it to only boot from CD, despite trying.

No harm trying another bootable CD, I'd try one known to boot rather
than burning another ISO, because sounds like it might be an issue
getting the box to boot from CD, rather than the CD itself.

None to hand, someone will burn the ISO to disk, and test it boots for
you, before posting it to you I'm sure.

 Simon