Re: [LUG] Desktop graphics.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:41:21 +0000
Jack Oley wrote:

> Hi all.  I set up a third account, Mabel, in Ub 11.04.  When I log
> into Mabel, there's no task bar at the top of the screen and nothing
> else to click on to navigate or do anything, i.e the Applications,
> Places and System links are absent.  I don't use Unity, but I
> installed it to use in Mabel - that seemed ok, but I don't want
> Unity, I just want the normal task bar.  It appears and functions
> fine in the other two accounts I have on the PC.  Why is this
> happening with the new third (and fourth) accounts?  Can anyone help
> me, please?   Thanks very much.   Jack.

Hi Jack,

As I understand it, Unity - if installed - will be the default session
selected at log-on time, unless the user specifically opts for
something else.

When at the log-on screen, change the "session" (it should be somewhere
on the screen - maybe at the bottom) to "Classic" or "Gnome" (or
something that isn't Unity").

Grant.