Subject: [ubuntu-uk] New network for women advocating, using or developing FLOSS
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:40:25 +0100
From: Paula Graham <pmgazz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: UK Ubuntu Talk <ubuntu-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We're in the throes of setting up 'Flossie' as a space for women who're
involved in FLOSS in any way - especially advocacy. We're hoping this
will help us to co-ordinate our advocacy activities a bit better and
share what works.

We'll be kicking off with an event in November in London so we can have
a chance to meet and get to know each other a bit and anyone who wants
to help out with that is very welcome.

The (half-done) blog is here: http://www.flossie.org/
Sign up for the discussion list here:

I'm afraid it's women-only - not from any will to exclude just under
half the human race but just cos we can't include one guy and not
another - so, given that we're less than 3% of the FLOSS population,
we'd most likely end up with another space where we're a tiny minority.
It's just a confidence-building thing and not intended to be divisive :)

All women welcome, technical genius not required.

Have a great weekend,
Paula

--
ubuntu-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx