Re: [LUG] [OT] A Request for Sponsorship

On 13/07/11 07:16, Nick Roach wrote:
Hi All, flagrant abuse of the DCLUG list but its a good local cause! A
dozen or so of us are doing a 24 hour Gym session to raise money to
build a play area for Disabled children in Paignton. The event is to
be held at the Winners 2000 Gym in Kingsteinton from 1800 on Friday
the 5th August to 1800 Saturday the 6th. Any offers of sponsorship
gratefully received, payment is probably easiest in person at the
Shoreline meet, otherwise via Paypal. I have added a link to the event
leaflet at the end of the email for reference.

While I'd love to do something like this, I'm not at the right fitness level, it probably would kill me! :-)

Good luck though, is it possible to do any individual events as the martial arts stuff sounds interesting (although I already do Taekwondo, I'd be interested to check out some other things too).

I'll mention it to my Taekwondo instructor, I know he has an interest in other martial arts and I'm sure some of my fellow students at higher grades might be interested too (and could probably hack 24 hours of fitness).

If you haven't already it might be worth speaking to Palm FM, Jennie Park deals with things like this, or at least she used to, so maybe you can get a mention on air or even get Palm to pop down and cover it (I know Ben is always willing to give things a go).

When would you need sponsorship money by? I gather the week after the event it's the annual Torbay BBQ so if you're there maybe we could give you a bit of sponsorship money then?

Anyway, good luck!

Rob