Re: [LUG] being an ISP

On Jul 11, 2011, Paul Sutton wrote:

> i think internet access is no almost expected ok people can use their
> mobile phones but there is still sometimes a need for wired / wireless
> internet.

I spent Christmas in a holiday cottage in a small village in Cumbria.
It provided internet access via a router in a locked cupboard and a
WEP code in the welcome folder (yes I know this is weak). There was no
landline phone, ie no handset.  The internet was very useful, eg for
crosswords and booking train tickets. The mobile phone signal was poor.

Tony