Re: [LUG] being an ISP

On 11/07/11 08:35, Simon Waters wrote:
On 11/07/11 08:06, tom wrote:
Any experience out there?
Ah when they come to arrest you for downloading non-Microsoft approved
software you have plausible deniability.

I don't see it as a big issue, you are not an IP address, you have no
responsibility for what others do.

Having guests come to a holiday cottage on your land presents all sorts
of opportunities for them to commit crimes on your property, what do you
do to stop them doing those? Switch off the water in case they are
making illicit booze? Switch of the electricity in case they are running
unapproved transmitters?

But your missing the point - they will take my machines away until I can prove it wasnt me. Thats the way it works!
ISP's must have some getout....
Tom te tom te tom