Re: [LUG] Blooming PDF's

On 06/07/11 18:23, Rob Beard wrote:
On 06/07/11 18:11, tom wrote:
I'm trying to attach some files to a pdf using pdftk and getting the
following:
Unhandled Java Exception:
gnu.xml.dom.DomDOMException: That character is not permitted.
More Information: þÿOpenOffice.org 3.2; modified using iText 2.1.7 by 1T3XT
at gnu.xml.dom.DomDocument.checkChar(libgcj.so.10)
at gnu.xml.dom.DomDocument.checkChar(libgcj.so.10)
at gnu.xml.dom.DomDocument.createTextNode(libgcj.so.10)
at com.lowagie.text.xml.xmp.XmpReader.setNodeText(itext-2.1.7.jar.so)
at com.lowagie.text.xml.xmp.XmpReader.replace(itext-2.1.7.jar.so)
at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfStamperImp.close(itext-2.1.7.jar.so)

both the file and the attachment seem to be ok
Anyone got any idea of what this mught be or how to do what I'm trying
another way>?
Tom te tom te tom

Can you convert it all to HTML? :-)

Rob

Unfortunately the recipient site is attempting to revert to the dark ages and are insisting that any useful file formats are attached in pdf documents - I guess they want to fill up their disks as quickly as possible.
Tom te tom te tom