Re: [LUG] lug flyer

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011, Paul Sutton wrote:

Ok

updated flyer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3356122/yet%20another%20lug%20flyer.odt

I am trying to aim at as wide audience as possible here.

You need to change the font to a sans serif one if you want dyslexics to be able to read it easier. (My wifes done some work with dyslectic young people at DCC) I use Helvetica, however some have issues with the stylised 'a' it has. (Arial is Microsofts equivaltnt of Helvetica)

I also think fill-justify looks much nicer too, but maybe that's just me.

Also - again, just me, Linux is not Ubuntu. I wouldn't give this a 2nd look, seeing ubuntu at the top, but I'm not the target. Linux is all about having choice, so while good to mention ubuntu in the article, I'd suggest not putting it at the top...

I've quickly hacked some ideas:

  http://unicorn.drogon.net/flier-gh.pdf
  http://unicorn.drogon.net/flier-gh.odt

However I'm quite dissapointed at open offices justifying. I guess I'm just too used to LaTeX!

Gordon