Re: [LUG] July Lug meets

On 12/06/11 12:54, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I have updated the events page for the july lug meet (basically taking
yesterdays off the page as its a past event)

I have also added the event to fossevents and to
facebook

<rant>

before ANYONE comments on facebook I DO NOT CARE, please do not have a
go at me,   In the time it takes you to formulate some sort of anti
facebook response you can do something useful and post the event to
other forums.

</rant>

I personally agree with this, I think it's a good way of spreading the word. I'm hoping to get a friend of mine to pop to a LUG meeting (possibly Exeter as that's where he lives) sometime as he out of the blue tried installing Xubuntu, had some issues and e-mailed me. I guessed Mint and he managed to install it himself, I didn't even badger him about trying Linux which I was surprised and pleased about.

Anyway hope this helps

Yep, good work Paul as always :-)

I'm going to try and find out who runs the YMCA in Paignton where I do my Taekwondo lessons, I gather it's aimed at younger people and they have computers so I want to find out if any of the kids there are interested in technology as they could well be interested in the LUG or DFEY.

Rob