Re: [LUG] Debian Squeeze & xfce4

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Simon Waters wrote:

On 08/06/11 06:27, Gordon Henderson wrote:

The version of xfce4 shipped with Squeeze has an almost-impossible means
to edit the menus - that's the thing under the X/Mouse or when you
right-click on the desktop.

Seems this was a feature of 4.6 XFCE

The version in Lenny (which I have on my laptops) has a GUI to edit the
menus, and the next version of xfce4 wil have a GUI editor, but this
version doesn't.

They changed the menu format to be freedesktop compliant, but they did
that in 4.8 so goodness only knows what 4.6 does.

Well - I have actually managed to do it. Edit the menu and add new items.

Looks like I'm more or less comitted to xfce now. It's sort of growing on me now that I've re-configured it to use more or less the same keys as FVWM for moving screens, etc.

Now for my 2nd screen...

Gordon