Re: [LUG] KDE Keyboard Shortcuts

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

[1] This reminds me of the time I was working on a computer with a fairly young friend. I wanted to give a negative response to a pop-up window so I pressed the N key. He looked at me in amazement and asked what on earth I had just done. When I explained he couldn't believe me. He didn't know that you could use the keyboard in that way. He used the mouse for everything.

Sadly this is my experience with almost everyone I've met who started with "WIMP" rather than with a keyboard.

Last Friday, a friend I'd built a PC for asked me what the f-keys were for! He also didn't know what tabbed browsing was either - however this is more a symptom of being in local-authority corp-rat land all their lives and being forced to ues old version of IE ...

Ask people why they think some letters in the menu bars are underlined... And see who gives you the blank stares...

Gordon
(working from laptop which I'll never, ever, ever upgrade!!!)