[LUG] New recruit for DCGLUG ??‏

Hi all
Thanks very much for the replies to my introduction and all the help and advice you have already given.
I am looking forward to the meeting in Holsworthy - I presume the White Hart is on the opposite side of the road to the library.

My intention with respect to Linux is to start in a small way with Puppy Linux on a bootable pen drive then try to run the windows weather software (that I am familiar with) hopefully using WINE but I am not sure if this is possible.  If not I will progress to one of the Linux weather programs and modify the web output to suit.

I have received a reply from John Chappel concerning weather software and he has in effect rejected Linux because he can't get on with it.  I hope that this is not an early warning to me about what I hope to achieve (as a novice).  We shall see.

For my weather website project I have ordered a Viglen MPC-L: with 512MB RAM that many Linux enthusiasts consider is very good value (and some even rave about) - if somewhat ! restricted by processor speed; not a worry to me as mostly text-based:
http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/Product_Range/Product_file.aspx?eCode=XUBUMPCL&Type_Info=Description&Type=Desktops&GUID=17637626173
I will bring this along to the meeting to see the reaction.

Regards
Arley