[LUG] Aargh - Debian Packages... (emacs)

A client has requested Emacs on his shiny new virtual server... That's fine, they're paying me afterall.

However I've just installed it under Debian.. What a mess.

It depends on libasound2.

This is on a server 300 miles away from the client. No only does this server not have sound hardware, but if it did, it's highly unlikely the client would hear it ...

It also depends on libdbus-1-3. This is a (virtual) server. It's not running X. It's not running any dbus aware applications.

Other than emacs.

Oh well. At this point, I really can't be bothered to compile it from source, so in it all goes.

Hmph.

Gordon