Re: [LUG] Some good news for devon

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gordon Henderson
Sent: 27 May 2011 19:23
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Some good news for devon

I was a bit skeptical of peoples ability to download more than a few 10s of
GB a month, but I have a couple of business customers who hit their 90GB
limit and one residential customer who goes over 100GB a month, and read
about people whinging that they can't get more than 300GB a month - what are
they doing with it???

Ah well...

Gordon

Well, I have quite a few friends who play Second Life and Wow for at least a
couple of hours a day and everything displayed on screen is sent in real
time (with SL anyway). So listening to music from 'in world' means it's easy
to use 1 gig an hour.
So 60 gigs a month just on a game, not counting any downloads or video
streaming.
I also regularly use skyplayer as well as iplayer and download movies to
watch later.
Sky keep telling me I don't have to worry about caps because I'm on their
unlimited package and not had any emails or letters about exceeding
bandwidth in over 2 years of using them.

Ray