Re: [LUG] Some good news for devon

-----Original Message----- From: Gordon Henderson
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 1:38 PM
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Some good news for devon

BT has just spent £132 million on upgrading 8 exchanges in Cornwall... So
£16.5m per exchange. So £15m isn't going to go far at that sort of
level...

BT are spending £132 million to upgrade all of Cornwall not just the first
8 exchanges.  If it was 15 million per exchange I would expect my local
cabinet to be gold plated!! :)  Unfortunately its a boring green colour.

FTTC is great ..... especially now that BT has fixed all the problems I was
having  (4 engineer visits so far).  Problems ranging from incorrect
software in the cabinet, slow speeds, openreach modem replacement and
finally a high resistance fault.

Andrew