Re: [LUG] More Proprietary Tie-ins

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 23:25 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 17/05/11 11:10, Paul Sutton wrote:
> >
> > so how many copies of this at Â200 a time do you have to purchase as a
> > school?

One copy Paul.  For that we get a folder of Paper (how very 90's) a VLE
disc that generally doesn't work, and a local copy disc for staff.

> More to the point if it doesn't fit the bill ask for your money back,
> that is the only way it'll get sorted.
>
>  Simon

Not quite as easy as that, Simon.  IT people, particularly those who
like the majority of us, enjoy the easy life if we can, don't care
whether it M$, Adooby-dooby-do, Mac or Linux, provided they have to do
as little as possible with it.

As such, and given the immortal lines words; "...yes but if Windows
breaks, I pick up the phone and they sort it out... eventually.  If
Linux breaks, I have to sort it out, and right now..." I suspect most IT
users in my school don't care that they're being driven down the
proprietary route.

Sorry, this is a double post: I accidentally posted using another e-mail
address - BlackBerry, another example... lol!

Adam