Re: [LUG] Windows Support

On 15/05/11 23:58, techservices wrote:
I have a set piece for this.

Sorry I don't work with Windows, the system is too old and unreliable, you'll find
it continually problematic and frustrating when it breaks at regular intervals and I
wouldn't want our friendship to be tarred by issues with computers. Look My
professional life is working with and advising people on using computers, My advice
too all my clients is to use Linux, and I'm happy to install that for you and help
you get going with the software you need on it.

Of course there are always those who start hankering and spouting gibberish nonsense
when I mention Linux, and my advice to them is go and buy an Apple Mac.

we should start to collate all this nonsense (and find out if this is simply a mis conception, hearsay, myths, fud etc), for the simple reason we can then formulate a consistent response to it, for example

no one uses linux is common, so lets find a lot of examples and create a document to dispel these myths, perhaps in a document of some sort that can be printed as a flyer, we need to be able to respond confidently something i can't always do.

I have just started a new OU course so DO NOT HAVE TIME, perhaps someone else on the list has some time to take responses from the list and collate them

Paul