Re: [LUG] Wastebasket KDE 4.6

On Sun, 15 May 2011 16:23:33 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> I tried a rename which made no difference. Same error message from the

I should have mentioned  logout/login, just in case.

> widget but still able to open the wastebasket in a file manager. It is
> not really important I suppose

No, but bl**dy annoying.

> It just shows the name of a folder in .dbus and the name of a text
> file in that folder.

Same as I have, then.  A little further investigating leads me to
believe that dbus & dcop behave differently, in that dcop seems to have
retained files between logins, whereas dbus generates a new one every
time.  I could, of course, be very wrong.

Finally, if this machine still has a .dcop directory, try deleting
that.  Although, as Kevin suggested, creating a new user and playing
there (sandbox style) would be preferable.

--
 Regards  _
Who's a sucker now?