Re: [LUG] Wastebasket KDE 4.6

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 13:21 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2011 12:52:06 +0100
> Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
> > I do indeed have a .dbus folder. If I remove it or rename it so it is
> > no longer recognised, won't that cause problems anywhere else?
>
> Probably not, but if you rename it, rather than remove it, you can
> recover more easily.
>
> I have only one file in that hierarchy, which was generated when I
> logged in this morning.
>
> JOOI, what does  ls -R ~/.dbus show?

The utopian here is to create anew user
called something like "testmyupdates"

Tryout a few things as this user,  break a few things and delete ~/.dbus
files etc.

then when all is well try to get your own profile to match

I do it with .evolution .gnome .gconf .ssh and when all is
broke .ICEAuthority

also does the .xsession errors tell you anything?

--
Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)