Re: [LUG] Networked Storage

On 03/05/11 18:44, Gibbs wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap NAS? I've never used one
and want to use it primarily for home and server backups. I don't really
know much about them but I don't want a server at home and I'm not too
sure on "plugs". Cheers.

Gibbs

This Samba based unit performs well in the home environment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2

I bought mine on ebay for +/- £60
It can be used 'as is' straight out of the box or it can be flashed to run other NAS packages.

--
Björn