Re: [LUG] summer lug bbq

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2011, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Yes I like the idea.
>> Any thoughts on venue,
>> Saturday or Sunday, wifi availability, etc?
>
> It's a BBQ - Put down the laptop for once!!!
>
> We had a BBQ at Robs place last year which was good for the half dozen of us
> who were there.
>
> Plenty of space at my place, but you'd need to pay for parking (even on a
> Sunday )-:
>
> Or we find a field somewhere - or a beach!
>
> Gordon

Beach sounds good to me. Elbury cove? (away from the tourist hoards.)
I would have to check on the parking costs (if any) on a
saturday/sunday. This location involves a short but pleasant walk over
a golf course. Probably about 10-15 minutes (max.) from where you park
the car.

http://www.coastradar.com/beach-guide/beach.php?beach=789

I have a great beach-bucket bbq thing too...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/bucket-bbq-perfect-camping-stainless/dp/B0012I9ADM

Also happy to host one at my place in preston, paignton. Free parking.
Reasonable size garden to loiter in. Wifi! if u really want it! lol!
Occumbe woods at the immediate rear of the house if you fancy a walk
after all your burgers. :-p

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/764803

Best wishes
roly :-)