Re: [LUG] dual boot flash drive

On 02/05/11 22:19, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

As ubuntu has a start up disk creator which can be used to create a
start up disk on a usb flash drive, is it possible to do this and
creatre a dual boot disk, say both 32bit and 64bit

i am guessing it just copies the iso contents to the flash disk and
installs a boot loader

  I guess it may be a case of:-

create 2 directories e.g /32bit and /64bit

copy appropriate iso contents to each of the above

install grub (or if we don't format the drive then it should be there)
so edit configuration file to point to either of the above

perhaps at the next lug meet we can have a go,

Paul

You could try partitioning a USB stick into two partitions, formatting them both to FAT32 and then copying the required bits over.

By the way, the USB sticks use SYSLINUX rather than Grub, but it should still be possible to tell it to look at the other partition.

Rob