Re: [LUG] DVI to VGA Adapter?

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:39:32 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

However, I have a DVI to VGA adapter that I've used in the past, but in

Is this a simple cable adapter or a real converter?  You may require the
latter.

It's a short mounded unit with DVI on one side and VGA on the other, but...

AIUI, DVI is digital only, whereas DVI-I contains both digital and
analogue parts.

... I've just found out from the makers that it's digital only. The socket is labelled DVI/VGA, but aparently it's a build option and we got DVI ones.

And USB keyboard - talk about non-legacy!

Nice little box though - Intel Atom based. Costs over a grand though )-:

Cheers,

Gordon