Re: [LUG] OSS DTP ... (ie. Publisher looka-a-likes)

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 19:02 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Thanks for all the feedback on this.
>
> I think that what's really needed is some good tutorials on it all - and
> possibly (what I've not found yet) is a "Scribus for Publisher users" sort
> of guide.
>
> And then there's the other commercial offerings - but that's no better -
> basically the issue that of getting someone who'd been using publisher
> since day 1 to use something else - and if it boils down to paying money
> for "something", then that "something" will be Publisher!
>
> However wifey is going to have another go with Scribus and see what
> happens - she's still using XP though, and it's iTunes which is very
> probably going to be the sticking point now - assuming she can get on with
> Scribus!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gordon

There is a reasonably concise guide to Scribus at
a2rt.lowtech.org/scribus/dtp.pdf, plus some (dated) tutorials and stuff
at http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Get_Started_with_Scribus

Also, if there are any specific things you are stuck on with Scribus,
I'm happy to look them up in the Scribus book for you.

Phil