Re: [LUG] Storing photos

Philip Whateley wrote:

In terms of online storage, SpiderOak (https://spideroak.com/) also
looks good (and cheap)

There are a wide range of different Linux client applications (as well
as proprietary OS, phones, iPad etc).

You can back up and share specific folders (unlike Dropbox where
everything has to be put into a local Dropbox folder)

For the (more or less) paranoid, privacy seems pretty good too -
everything online is encrypted so even Spideroak can't read it (zero
knowlege).

Phil

With all the palaver of moving to a new computer I had forgotten that I have both spideroak and dropbox set up for me. I could of course use one of them. I must look at spideroak again. I tried it out but then sort of lost interest. Thanks for the reminder.

I will also look at some of the other ideas. And yes, we are talking just family photos and in my case scenes around the local area and in my daughter's case lots of photos of her horse and her other animals. I am not worried about people seeing them, but they would not be of much interest outside the family.

Thanks

Neil