Re: [LUG] Broadband & phone

On 12/04/11 11:20, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

VOIP may be cheap, but it is
also nasty.

Sorry, but I really don't believe this at all. It's not my experience an
I really can't just sit here while one person tell me VoIP is nasty.

I must agree with Gordon on this, having used a few different VoIP systems as a user (Vonage, Drogon Systems virtual PBX, some Cisco IP phone system and Asterisk@Home on my own server using my Nokia mobile over wifi as a client) and I've not experienced such problems. Now with Analogue phone systems, they seem to be a real pain in the backside (okay to be fair I have limited technical knowledge of them and I've spent the past two days trying to help re-patch some phone lines after an office move).

Rob