Re: [LUG] Linux Mint 10 KDE

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:50:33 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> I have found out that I can right click on the menu button, bottom
> left of screen, and choose to switch to the old style of menu. Now I

It's been so long since I switched, I'd forgotten that the option was
available.

> > which view mode you're in). From there go to Wallpaper select
> > "Colour" from the top dropdown (shows colour, image or slideshow),
> > and you're away.
> I have tried this and I can indeed change the background colour, but
> on all the desk tops not just each one. Never mine.

I must admit, I didn't try it myself.  Hang on.....

In System Settings, Desktop set "Different Activity for each desktop.
This will allow you to select colours on a per desktop basis.

> > KDE has long had issues with Num Lock settings, sadly.  Seems to be
> > working for me, currently.  However, it wasn't working 6 months ago.
> I am not surprised that I cannot get this to work. Just a minor item.

Ah, so you half expected it to be broken, then?   :-)

> Thanks for your help

No problem, Neil.

--
 Regards  _
Bet you thought you had it all worked out