Re: [LUG] EICC

On 30/03/11 18:48, techservices wrote:
Hi everyone

Just a quick note to let you know that Exeter Internet and Computer Club meets this
Saturday, this is only the second meeting but already it,s looking pretty good. The
club meets on the first Saturday of each month at Exwick Community Centre, Kinnerton
way, Exwick, Exeter EX4 2PR. It's starts at 1pm and goes on until around 5pm (ish
depending on what we're upto). There are refreshments available and a snack shop,
Free WiFi, a 6 workstation Internet cafe, powered by an Ubuntu LTSP server. There is
also a school room, which I hope to start exploiting for talks, and training (any
ideas are welcome).

We have a set of 6 HP Laptops which are going to be loaded with Linux Mint this
weekend and will provide something fun to have a play with. Last Month Dave loaded
his own custom EXE Linux distro, based on Debian Squeeze onto one.

You are all welcome, hope to see some of you there

Regards and Best Wishes

Rick Timmis
Abazander Ltd

Sent from my Dragon 32

+1 for Exwick Community Centre on Saturday. The Paignton events are too far from Exmouth for my ancient vehicles.

I will bring some Exe Linux cd's to give to anyone interested. It is installable to USB stick for anyone who brings one (1gb or more)

@Rick, hopefully you will remember the laptop for me, as you said last month. I have more than one request here in Exmouth for a laptop with pre-installed Linux.

Regards

David Hare