Re: [LUG] Same old, same old, or something new?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Henry Bremridge
<henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 05:53:39PM +0100, George Parker wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12905303
>>
>> Quote "Mr Jenkin also questioned the government's commitment to
>> "open source" software, asking how many civil servants in charge of
>> making the policy work had a background in the open source
>> community. He pointed out that the previous government's "open
>> source" guru had left to join Microsoft."
>>
> Same article
>
> "Mr Watmore... insisted the government was committed to using more "open source"
> software to save cash - but had to balance this with concerns about how
> easily it could be "hacked".

Interesting the perception that "open" appears to translate to
"insecure" (easy to "hack"; should be crack), at least to that
politician.

It would be soooo much easier if we could just elect a lug member to
parliament? lol? Simon? Gordon? Tom? Rob? Paul? et al - you got much
on? ........ lol

roly :-)