Re: [LUG] OT (sorry): MS Licensing question

On 23 March 2011 22:41, edwin rhodes <edwin_rhodes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As long as you only have it installed on 1 pc, at a time then oem should
be ok, copy the data across then format the old hdd and then should be
complient, you are aloud to install it on any pc if its oem. If its a
branded install copy then you cant install it on any pc.

On 23/03/2011 22:35, "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I know this isn't quite right, but my father in-law is looking for a new
>system - currently has XP and wants to stick to XP...
>
>The system he has is something I built for him some years back 5 or 6. It
>can't go beyond 1GB of RAM, it's an older AMD Athlon, so it's a bit
>clunky. It's got a Win XP OEM install on it.
>
>The plan is to put a new mobo/processor and eventually disk drive inside
>it.
>
>So is that do-able inside the terms of the OEM license?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Gordon
>
>--

Will be fine. You might have to speak to India when you activate but apart from that you won't have any issues.

You can get Windows 7 for less than £40 from http://www.software4students.co.uk if you do need to buy it for whatever reason.