[LUG] Website Tracking ...

Anyone here running Ghostery?

  http://www.ghostery.com/

It's a plug-in for Firefox to block tracking sites - Sites that get given a bif of information each time you visit some web page... Probably the best known one is Google Analytics - which lets webmasters get information of who's visiting their websites, entry pages, etc. but there seems to be 100's more )-:

I've just visited NatWest bank site - and found that they use 2 trackers inside their secure pages - which seems a bit crap to me - they own the servers, so they can get direct stats on who's doing what, or am I missing something?

Anyway, I decided I didn't want to be tracked this way, so installed Ghostery from the site above... Maybe you want to too..

Gordon