Re: [LUG] How to out-freedom BSD BSD'ers

I would disagree with the implication that "BSD" ({Net,Open,Free}BSD) is
more free than GNU but I'll leave it at that.

tom wrote:
> You can get the computer RMS uses:
> http://freedomincluded.com/
> ah.. from :http://www.lemote.com/en/about/contact/

Tekmote Electronics sells them too, that's where I got mine. They are in
the Netherlands so you won't get/risk import duty so I think it works
out cheaper but you'd have to check. The downside is that it is not
preinstalled with gNewSense, you will have to install it yourself, and
currently the gNewSense installer doesn't work for it. :( And the
preinstalled OS is old and uncleanly set up (this seems to be the
standard for companies shipping netbooks with GNU/Linux!). Lemote have
an installer for Debian Squeeze which is at least newer.

Tekmote Electronics
http://www.tekmote.nl/

Lemote YeeLoong 8101B 10" mini-laptop Pure White-- High-end GNU Linux
mini laptop
http://www.tekmote.nl/epages/61504599.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61504599/Products/CFL-003-B

It doesn't come with a UK plug (neither with the US one I expect) so
you'll need to get an adapter. The physical keyboard is US layout but if
you touch type and reconfigure the keyboard to UK you won't notice this
too much. I replaced the HD with an SSD. I could go on more, feel free
to email about it. If you are into software freedom then I recommend
getting one.

I really like the idea of "Freedom Included". We need something like
that in the UK.
http://freedomincluded.com/category/coming-soon/

Regards,
Mike.