Re: [LUG] ISP Recommendations

On 13/03/11 13:19, Neil Stone wrote:
On 13/03/11 12:18, Rob Beard wrote:
On 13/03/11 11:17, Neil Stone wrote:
On 13/03/11 10:34, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 13/03/11 09:23, Henry Bremridge wrote:
£20.39 for 5GB pm? That presumably includes line rental: I hope

If you mean for the phone, then no. That price is just for broadband.

Neil

<2p>
You may want to take a peek at http://www.smallerbills.info as they keep
getting all these pesky "Which?" best buys and recommendations..

I use 'em, and I have to say.. damned good.
</2p>

But to be fair you're also one of their reps aren't you? :-)

Rob

Indeed I am, that's not why I'm recommending it though.. look at the
Which? reports.

If it wasn't any good, would I be both a residential and commercial
customer of theirs, and be recommending my family (who call me up for
support) to use their service..?

I've never seen my ISP mentioned in these "Who should I use" forums. That is Direct Save Telecom. I have a bundle from them of 20Gb download broadband at up to 24Mb and anytime free phone calls for £26.40 per month. I must have come close or exceeded the 20 gig limit but I haven't had any complaints about their service in the last 4 years and I can't find anyone to beat them.

The only thing is they don't have free 0870 & 0845 calls. I thought that I might have found better with Utility Warehouse discount club but there is a kicker. I have a daughter who lives in Jersey and most ISPs charge for calls to Jersey even though it is an 01 number. That includes Utility Warehouse. DST don't and that is a bigger saving to me than 0870 and 0845 numbers.

George