Re: [LUG] ISP Recommendations

On 13/03/11 14:36, Gordon Henderson wrote:
First of all - the commercial interest - I resell Entanet ADSL
products... However typically, residential isn't my target market at all
- and while I'd be happy to take your business, there are many other
Enta resellers who may be better positioned to help you - if you go down
that route.

Typical Enta residential prices are:

Family 1: (1GB) £14.56 per month inc. vat
3: (3GB) £16.64
30 (30GB) £19.78

The service is has a monthly cap of the amount mentioned above which is
applied during peak hours (8am through midnight, Mon-Fri) and is
unmetered, but subject to traffic shaping, if required, outside those
times.

Thanks to Gordon for a long and useful reply. I have snipped most of it. Just to say that I don't have line problems. I live in a fairly new house (8 years old) and less than a kilometre from the exchange. However there is no LLU available so I cannot consider that route.

I have heard of the ISP that you mentioned.AAISP. The same website also mentioned one called Xilo which I must have a look at.

Several replies have talked about peak hours and off peak hours. I should mention that my current provider, Fast, do not have that setup. All hours are the same to them.

Anyway, many thanks for all the replies, especially Gordon. I will research some more, and yes I do understand about getting a MAC from Fast before moving. I have done that before, as Fast is my second provider.

Thanks

Neil