Re: [LUG] ISP Recommendations

On 13/03/11 09:02, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have been with fast.co.uk for Broadband for some time now and they
have been fine but a bit expensive. Lately I seem to be using the
computer more and I am reaching my monthly allowance too easily. My
allowance is 5 gb per month. The next choice is rather a jump to 20 gb
per month.

I would probably find 10 gb per month more than adequate. So I am
wondering if it is time to move. I have looked around the internet and
seen various ISP's recommended, or some not. So I am asking for
suggestions from the group please.

At the moment I am paying £20.39 pcm including the increased VAT. I know
that I could do better than that financially, but reliability is
important too. I would be interested tin any comments etc.

Thanks

Neil

Well when I was with Enta I was paying around £30 a month which gave me 45GB peak allowance (IIRC from 8am to 8pm weekdays) and 300GB off-peak (8pm to 8am and all weekend) as I was on the Office package.

They did a cheaper home package for around £20 a month which gave 30GB peak and something like 330GB off-peak.

Looking at UKFSN (an Enta reseller) it now appears that you can get 30GB peak (8am to 12am weekdays) and unlimited off-peak (12am to 8am weekdays, and all weekend) for £19.78. That includes a 1 month contract.

It should be free to migrate (looks like Fast.co.uk aren't an LLU provider), just make sure you get a MAC code rather than canceling.

Rob