Re: [LUG] OHP / Projector

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Paul Sutton wrote:

On 10/03/11 17:52, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 10/03/11 17:03, Henry Bremridge wrote:
Anyone got any knowledge for portable projectors

Only sites I have seen are

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/projectors/364255/benq-mx810st
http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/portable-projectors.htm

But I know next to nothing about them. Needed for small presentations to
about 20 persons

It would be very useful for lug meets if we want to do something with a
more formal presentation format.

I am looking for a cheap one, for this purpose, however trying to find a
price for a unit and price for any new bulbs is harder,

newer projectors use led units for the light, Aparently these are more
reliable.

Just a thought,  looking at the costr of these things, and given most
newer flat screen tv's have vga / hdmi input would it be cheaper for buy
one of these, Ok you need to lug it around but we could suggest this to
places as an alternative solution to projectors and screens.

Vitrually no-one lugs a screen about anymore - there's almost always a whiteboard to point a projector at - and the ones with really brigh bulbs will work on most light coloured surface anyway.

So.. Actually did a tiny bit of research on this recently for my wife who was looking at buying one - however I didn't come to any firm conclusion and was about to ask here too... It seems that the price range is in the sub £500 bracket now

Anyway from the little I gethers - you're probably looking at something in the 1500-2000 lumens range - then it boils down to resolution - XGA is probably what you're after (1024x768) then weight (under 3Kg for carrying?) As for brand ... there's too many of them!

This was the page I ended up looknig at:

http://www.projectors.co.uk/search.asp?searchbox10=1501-3000%20Lumens&templateid=83&catid=49

Gordon