Re: [LUG] Email clients for newbies

On 09/03/11 18:16, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:00:33 +0000
Neil Winchurst wrote:

On 09/03/11 17:26, Grant Sewell wrote:

Used to be a Sylpheed user, then became a Sylpheed-claws and now
I'm a Claws Mail user.  I love it.  It's simple, it does what it
says it'll do and IME it does it well.  If you want it to handle
any extras there are a tonne of plug-ins for it.

Grant.

That is interesting. I had my wife set up with Thunderbird and I
thought to try her out with Sylpheed. She did not like it at all,
because it was not so easy to see any pictures included with any HTML
mail, for example from Amazon. I explained about the need to click on
the url but that wouldn't do at all. So sylpheed was dismissed out of
hand.

Neil

What is this thing you're talking about?  HTML mail?  Never 'eard of
it! :D

Actually, that's one of the things I really like.  By default it
doesn't render the HTML bits.  Yay!

Grant.

Tbird doesn't render those bit automatically either. You just need to click on a button to see them, (still in your email, not by opening a browser). Which my wife is quite happy with,

Neil