Re: [LUG] Evolution email client

On 07/03/11 15:35, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 09:36 +0000, tom wrote:
Yup.
But thats what you asked for. If you want to remember passwords then
either you need it to use some secure storage - so the keyring (which
will remember passwords against your login so you dont have to 'login'
again everytime you start mail), or evolution email client may have its
own store but you will have to login to that everytime you start the
client (IIRC).
Tom te tom te tom

OK Tom. But I don't want to have a keyring set up at all. So can't I
just get rid of it? No other email client that I have ever tried has
ever had this kind of nonsense. Or am I stuck with it if I continure to
use Evolution?
Neil

I think you can kill keyring from the system administrative settings - but that will apply to all programs that use it so you may find a lot of things popping up asking for passwords after you do it.
Google for keyring and your release and evolution
Tom te tom te tom