Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK pushes on with broadband plans

Gordon,

Your cynicism is entirely justified. What they
don't tell us is that
all parts of the new infrastructure
will be 'observable' by a
certain government department in
Cheltenham. But there are still ways
to confuse the system

Ray.

gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx
LUG"<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK pushes on
with broadband plans

wrote:

>> 'UK government pushes ahead with rural
broadband plans.  The government is
>> pushing ahead with
the second wave of funding for super-fast broadband across

>> the UK.'
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12651847>
>Â50
million allocated to local authorities..

>With a quote:
>

>   Despite announcing the four areas in October - North
Yorkshire, Cumbria,
>   Herefordshire and the Highlands and
Islands - no firm or technologies
>   have yet been chosen
for the areas.

>The cynic in me thinks that this is just
a waste of tax payers money - at
>a time when local
authorities are having to make people redundant on a
>hugh
scale... So you might as well just give the money to BT...
However,
>how much did they get for just Cornwall alone in
the last hand-out - Â130
>million was it?
>
>http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/news/BT-expected-named-163-130m-broadband-partner/article-2704382-detail/article.html
>
>So 50 million split over all the local authorities is
just pissing in the
>wind.
>
>Gordon--
>The Mailing List