Re: [LUG] Royalty free standards for UK procurement

On 03/03/11 00:35, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> On 28 February 2011 00:12, Rhia Knowles <rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 27 February 2011 23:05, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:amidgley@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>     > Which state, please?
>     not so much the states as the senators, I gather.
>

> Above
>> "
> Best solution I have seen implemented* is if department wants to use
> proprietary software total initial and recurring licence costs must come
> from salary pot of top ten executives in department. i.e a negative
> bonus! It sorts out the real costs and why!
>
> *non UK state where budget constraints were enforced.
>
> "
>
> Which state, please?
>
> --
> Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/

Non EU, Non USA,

EX soviet under  local governor, a sub-region of Siberia

I have had a few run ins with the 'governor' who is ex  security
apparatus and a very rich and powerful guy, but who implemented
absolute cost tightening in his are, over all procurement.

I sell machinery into his  'personal' oil company

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald