Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

On 2 March 2011 17:11, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/03/11 11:09, tom wrote:

> I guess the busy call centre could be added sound effects...

Given the number of people receiving these calls wouldn't Occam's razor
suggest it is that he is calling from an extremely busy call centre?

Presumably located somewhere with no working legal system, any
indication of location?

My mother said the guy sounded American when she got a call so my guess would be Canada. There was a scam going from a Canadian call centre a while back where they called people saying they had won the Canadian Lottery. Could well be the same folks.