Re: [LUG] Exwick LUG meeting - a slight change in plans

On 12/02/11 20:09, Rob Beard wrote:
On 12/02/11 19:47, Paul Sutton wrote:
good idea rob, i was going to suggest the same thing video link up, I am
happy to cancel going to rugby and doing lug meets as long as at least
one other person is there, perhaps at least 2 or 3 of us, someone needs
to be there just in case anyone new turns up as was the case saturday,
it was only by chance i got there and er some raymond turned up, so its
a good idea just in case, anyone want to join me, at least for march /
april. :)

paul.

I don't think I can do either LUG meeting in March, I've got to go back to Specsavers for a contact lens appointment (at 3:15pm so it would pretty much clash with both meetings). But April would be fine for me.

So what do you think, should we leave the Paignton meeting on the first Saturday of every month, or move it round to the second Saturday?

I dare say not everyone can make every meeting anyway due to other commitments (I know you have Rugby until the end of the season, some of us have family commitments, sometimes maybe we're just busy?).

I think really the ideal outcome is that there is a meeting somewhere nearby for the members to go to if they wish either for maybe just a chat in person with fellow LUG members or maybe to get some help with something?

Rob

Well at least for march / april lets keep the paignton meet as it is, just in case someone new turns up, we had 3 or 4 of us on saturday which was nice,

as i said i don't mind giving rugby a miss on the 5th of march,.

Perhaps book exwick for May, that gives us the whole of march / april to really thrash out some ideas for what we can do on the day, get people along (advertise) write articles ( i need help from others with this please)

if the venue is quite big then it would really help if we planned things around this, get people on board and it also gives people time to put that date in their diary so they can try their best not to double book things. short notice is always a bad thing. esp as rick wants to get more people along.

if that goes well perhaps book the venue for sept 17th software freedom day and work on doing that.

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day