Re: [LUG] Looking for NAS front-end package thingy?

On 12/02/11 10:59, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> I've got an existing Linux server box. I'm after some web based
> front-end to allow mortals the ability to add/modify shares exported via
> samba. Nothing too clever, but I'm not after a total box solution (e.g.
> FreeNAS, etc.) as the server is already doing some other functions which
> won't be affected by fileserving.
>
> Webmin is the only thing springing to mind - anything else?

SWAT - Samba Web Admin Tool - part of the Samba tools.

I think Wedmin has it's own module, and an option to integrate to SWAT,
so possibly what you think of as Webmin for Samba is actually SWAT, and
perhaps it isn't.

Both KDE and GNOME provide graphical tools, which might provide another
way, particularly if they have X desktops.