Re: [LUG] Safer Internet Day

On 09/02/11 00:00, Rob Beard wrote:
On 08/02/11 22:25, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 08/02/11 20:33, Rob Beard wrote:
Okay folks,

Hands up who's heard of "Safer Internet Day"?

As great as the idea is, I can't help but think it's a bit of a fail,
especially since the first I hear about it is at 8:30pm on the day in
question.  (Didn't see anything on The Register or other news sites
earlier when I read them).

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4567-febuary-8th-safer-internet-day-2011.html

Granted, I could have just not seen the many articles and links about
it, but I don't have any rec-election of anything like this being
discussed on the LUG list :-)

Rob

I have,

Paul

Where did you see anything about it? I'd have thought it would at least get a mention on The Register.

Oh, and I picked up one of those local Newton Abbot magazines yesterday, one of the local independent ones, was pleasantly surprised to see an advert for the LUG meeting which has just gone. We'll have to try and get an article in there and a meeting setup in Newton Abbot.

Rob

we have a mention in the latest reconnect magazine

www.reconnectonline.co.uk

feb / march issue , pg 14 (soft option) (magazine has green cover you can download in pdf

as long as the events page on the lug site is kept upto date then people know when meets are,

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day