Re: [LUG] Debian 6 aka Squeeze is out ...

On 06/02/11 23:07, Rob Beard wrote:

> I span it right round earlier, installed it on an old P3 1GHz machine
> for a friend, worked quite well with XFCE, perfectly useable with 512MB
> memory in it although Flash was a bit more of a challenge, IIRC I ended
> up adding the Debian Multimedia repository and then the Flash plugin.

The Adobe Flash installer is in Debian contrib

aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

You may have to mess around with audio config depending on your audio
configuration, I didn't last couple of times I've done it.

Free software flash alternatives listed here.
http://wiki.debian.org/Flash

I found Java runtime packages didn't play with each other in quite the
same way if you upgraded from Lenny, which I "accidentally" resolved by
removing unused Java packages.